This New House Part 4 – Everyday Life
Why do bad things happen to good people?
Can a finite mind comprehend one of the most difficult questions in all of theology?
Sometimes the answer comes from dissecting the question itself.
Can I define a good person in the absolute sense of the word?
1. The only thing good in me, or anyone else, is Christ!
What about the “bad things” that happen?
2. “Bad” things may happen to “good” people, but this world is not the end!
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
3. “Bad” things happen to “good” people, but God uses those bad things for an ultimate, lasting good.
4. “Bad” things happen to “good” people, but those bad things equip believers for deeper ministry.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5
5. “Bad” things happen to “good” people, and the worst things happened to the best person.
1 Peter 2:20-23, Proverbs 3:5-6
What must I do now with the “bad” things in my life?